Nathaniel Branden (1930-):
Branden is known for his studies in the field of self-esteem. Branden found self-esteem to be a basic human need, the absence of which cause psychological turmoil.
Six themes emerge in his work include the concept of living consciously, self-acceptance and responsibility, self-assertiveness, integrity and living purposely.
- The Psychology of Self-Esteem (1969)
- Breaking Free (1970)
- The Disowned Self (1971)
- The Psychology of Romantic Love (1980)
- Honoring the Self (1983)
- How To Raise Your Self-Esteem (1987)
- Judgment Day: My Years with Ayn Rand (1989)
- The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem (1994)
- Taking Responsibility (1996)
- The Art of Living Consciously (1997)